Foremost Nigerian DJ,Jimi Amupopularly called DJ Jimmy JATThas revealed he met his wife and mother of his two kids at a party.
While speaking with Beat FM OAP, Olisa Adibua on the programme, The Truth, Jimmy JATT opened up on his marriage and a number of issues including his journey into deejaying, the many challenges he has been faced with and his career goals.
He said,'As a DJ and as a guy, where else will I meet a woman, at a party of course, dancing and using steps to attract her' and added that he was faced with many challenges getting his wife as he was perceived useless because of his profession, 'A whole lots of doors were shut on me then and aunties warning ladies to stay away from me because I was perceived a womanizer because I'm a DJ'.
He spoke further about his journey into deejaying, which he says was as a result of his exposure to music as a young kid, a trend he blames his parents for. He further revealed he had started as a dancer before his foray into dejaying,'A lot of people don't know I kicked off my career as a dancer. I was heavily into break dancing, although we didn't have a group. We were neighborhood boys pulling stunts'.
According to him, his romance with the profession has at many times being threatened by different factors including support, finance and others.'Like everything in this country, frustration sets in. There were times I was stuck between buying a CD or eating lunch. At such times, I'm like…but I got married and things got better and a lot better after my kids came and it got to a point I told my self I'm not even thinking about retiring anymore'
JATT is today popularly referred to as the godfather of Nigerian DJs.
He celebrated his 25th year in the profession a few weeks back and launched a biography titled,Avant Gardeand an album, The Industry which had collaborations with a number of music acts.
We Love Seeing Your Comments!
Get Socialized SHEAR! For More Updates Add Up BBM:2778D3B9, FOLLOW ON TWITTER -----» @antwowfisher

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT

 
Top