Nollywood actress, Kehinde Bankole who got her first acting opportunity with Wale Adenuga's Super Story and This Life, speaks on her acting career, her twin sister who is also an actress and her physical strengths……
Enjoy the interview below:You and your twin sister have acted in the same movie, but she has not been seen for a long time. What is the reason for this?
She is very busy with other things that are taking her time. She's an event planner, which keeps her busy week in week out. She's actually doing fine as we speak. It is just work and time. When time does permit her, I am sure she will stun the audience again.
What actually did you set out to become in life as a young girl?
I won't be telling you the truth if I say I knew exactly what I set out to become in life when I was growing up. When you are young, you most likely may not be sure of many things because the truth is that you actually want so many things as a young person. So, the fact is that I really never had any particular plan. I just knew it will be media and entertainment area.
Now, that destiny has put you on this career path, would you say you have chosen well?
To the glory of God, I will boldly say that yes, I have chosen well.
Looking back at those days when you were still struggling for fame, would you say you have always handled your decisions correctly?
God has always been helping me to make perfect decisions. His grace has always been sufficient for me. Having said that, I will also admit that good counsel from my mum over the years has helped a great deal. Every effort I have made actually got a reward
How challenging has it been coping with being famous?
I thank God for how far I have come and I will say my fame is still unfolding. I believe time will tell. To the glory of God, the story has been so good.
Many famous artistes have now passed their prime and kissed fame bye, how do you hope to handle this transcient fame now that it has come your way?
I have always been a positive thinker. I hardly ever gossip or look negatively into these people's lives. All I saw was work equals talks and publicity. So, I am well prepared for anything that comes my way. I have also learnt that certain things come with the job we do.
Would you consider marrying a celeb like you?
In life I have learnt never to say never. I'll never say never, but everything is subject to a lot of scrutiny. The fact is God chooses for one.
Okay, why do you think most actresses, both in the Yoruba and English speaking movies battle hard to hold their homes together?
I have never given it a thought. It's their personal lives. My understanding about marriage is that, every union has its own peculiarities. Each one comes with its unique set of challenges whether you are or not a celebrity. I haven't been married, so I can't know.
Since you hit the limelight, what would say you have enjoyed most about it and what has it taken away from you?
I am definitely sure I have lost some of my privacy. And, I must also confess that I enjoy the creativity aspect that I have experienced till today. The experience has been very rich.
Your journey into entertainment must have come with its good and bad sides. Handling the transition from the Super Story actress to the popular Kehinde Bankole that has become a household name, how has it been?
I have featured in many super story editions as Eno, caro and many others. Transition has not ended. It won't end as far as I know. Transition is ongoing. Kehinde Bankole. I am learning every day and I am enjoying my work.
When you see any of your movies that you feel you could have done better or you were heavily crictised, how do you feel?
I accept some corrections, hold the lessons but the truth is that I can't take all criticisms. I weigh criticisms take some and re-apply where it is necessary.
As an actress, what do you cherish most about your career?
My freedom to use all my multi-skills in just one profession. All my acting, singing, modeling and speaking gift can find expression.
You have not been linked to any scandal for a long time, do you avoid it or you have been enjoying the good sides of the media?
I thank God for the grace He has given me to continue to be myself. I take each day as it comes. As of today, there are no scandals. So far so good. Tomorrow will come and we will see what it will bring.
Some people believe you are one of the most beautiful faces in the movie industry, would you consider yourself as a beautiful one?
Oh yes indeed, I am wonderfully and beautifully crafted by the master. Yes I am beautiful and I thank God.
Is your beauty contributing to why you have remained relevant?
Skills and willingness to get better is what has contributed to my relevance. Beauty does get me through some doors, but brains and grace keep you inside the room.
When is Kehinde Bankole settling down and who is your ideal man?
That is my private life. I won't reveal anything about that for now. But my ideal man must be clean, peace-loving, no damaged ego and honest.
If he tries to stop you from acting to keep your home, would you cave in?
We will dialogue and am sure I will remain in my job once he understands that's what makes me happy at that time.
Who do you owe your success in the movie industry to?
I owe it to many people. Mentors, guardians, bosses, friends and family. A very long list starting with Wale Adenuga productions.
Culled from NigerianTribune
We Love Seeing Your Comments!
Get Socialized SHEAR! For More Updates Add Up BBM:2778D3B9, FOLLOW ON TWITTER -----» @antwowfisher

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT

 
Top