Tina Knowles opened up on her marriage and love life at the Woman and Money Leadership Lucheon event in Houston, Texas.
Read on,
Divorcing at 58 ,she said
I was very sad. When you look at someone else, you look at them and say, 'They're attractive. They have a lot of good stuff going on for them. They have no right to have low self-esteem. They have no right to feel sorry for themselves.' Well, it doesn't matter who you are, what you are, what you've done, what you have. You're a person; you're a human being. And when something strikes you like that, it takes the breath out of you. And my fight came back! After a while, I let myself feel sorry for myself for a minute and then I said, 'You know, I'm so blessed to have all the opportunities that I have. And I don't have the right to feel sorry.' I started telling myself this
I started reading my art books. I love art but I had never had the time. I started traveling. I would travel with my daughter [Beyoncé] but not to work! I would say, 'No I'm not working.' I had my girlfriend who would make me laugh. I sent for her and she would come on the road and we would go to museums, we would go to lunch and we would just laugh. And I just really had forgotten how to live. I had just lost all of myself so I realize now that part of the low self-esteem was, yes, being 58 and having to start over again, and the other part is that I just lost myself. That I was so busy working and going and taking care of everybody else that I just forgot about Tina.
Finding love at 59
The whole thing about dating was the scariest thing in the world! I would tell my friends, 'Where am I gonna find somebody at 59 years old? Where do you meet men? Where do you get them? And they're all gone.' It was really funny so I just focused on myself.
Finally, a girl that worked with me said, 'This guy I know wants to take you out. He just thinks you're hot!' And I'm like, 'Really?!' So she said, 'Yes!'
My kids got me ready, and I changed clothes five times. I didn't want to be too this and too that.Well, I went out with the guy and he was a very, very nice man and thank God he wasn't my type because I wasn't as nervous once I met him. So I was like, 'You know what, this is just like friend time.' But it was so good for my self-esteem to have somebody to say, 'You look nice!' To give me a flower, to take me out. So I went out on a couple of dates with him but I knew he wasn't the one. But it got me past that [point in my life.]
On hearing her husband was getting married again
I hear that my ex-husband is getting married. Now this is my family. My ex-husband is my family. I don't want to get back into that at all, that's not what I want. But it still hurts a little bit, right? It's still a blow to your ego. So I call my crazy friend Monica to take care of me the week of the wedding.
We Love Seeing Your Comments!
Get Socialized SHEAR! For More Updates Add Up BBM:327B820D, FOLLOW ON TWITTER -----» @antwowfisher

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT

 
Top