Did you know the 52 year old coach of the Super Eagles has been married for over 30 years? I guess not. . . Well here's an old interview he did with Vanguard some time ago where he discusses his family life and says meeting his wifey was love at first sight! Find excerpts below;
¤Concerning Women
>Fortunately for me, I got married at the age of 21 in 1983 when my wife was 20 years old. Then I was just being made the captain of the team, I believe that limited my dating different girls. And because of the decision I took of marrying early, I lost some of my friends. They were not happy with my decision but it didn't bother me because it was what I wanted. Though as a footballer you have many admirers, for me, that is all it is.
¤Concerning his decision to marry @ 21
>My decision to marry at a very tender age was influenced by a coach in the then New Nigerian Bank Football Club, who told me that I could be a better player, if I could get a wife or somebody I could hook up with or else I would get carried away by the way girls flocked around me.
He said I would not last long in my football career if I continued with girls around me all the time. I thought it wise and I took to his words and since then, it has been wonderful with my wife, though tough. But marrying somebody you truly love, is a good thing, really she is truly a God-sent to me. So far the marriage has fetched us five children, two boys and three girls.
¤On Meeting his wife
>Yes, it was love at first sight. My wife and I didn't date for long, before we got married. When I saw her, I knew she was my wife. I told her that she was my girl and I wanted to marry her, she was so surprised but later accepted, then we fell seriously in love and we still are till today. In fact, she is more like a sister to me now and has been the rock behind me and everything I do.
¤How he Copes with Coaching the Super Eagles without his family who are in the USA
>It is tough but my wife and I talk everyday. I just got back from the States two weeks ago. But we have never been apart before expect when Nigeria called me in 2009 to assist Bonferer Jo, that was when I started going outside without my family.
¤On his social life
>I don't go clubbing, I did that when I was a footballer, but if I'm in Nigeria I like watching African movies. When I'm in the USA I watch foreign movies, but I like reading a lot, especially inspirational books that reflects on our day to day life
We Love Seeing Your Comments!
Get Socialized SHEAR! For More Updates Add Up BBM:327B820D, FOLLOW ON TWITTER -----» @antwowfisher

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT

 
Top