Ghana's woeful performance at the Brazil 2014 was not the only highlight of their representation at the World Cup; If you recall, indefinite suspension was placed on two star players: Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng
Both players were asked to leave camp before the 2-1 defeat to Portugal in Brasília which consigned Ghana to bottom spot in Group G.
According to the GFA, Kevin-Prince Boateng was kicked out of Ghana's team for making "vulgar verbal insults" towards coach James Appiah. It seems the suspension is still haunting Kevin Prince Boateng as he has finally come out to tell the world his true feelings about Ghana and Coach Appiah.
In a recorded conversation with a leading newspaper in Germany,Kevin said :
"The GFA lied about what truly happened in Brazil. I will be lying to myself if i say I regret [my actions]. I insulted coach Appiah,because he deserved it. Why did he sit out his best player during the first match against USA? Tell me if that doesn't warrant an insult. I truly wonder where he got his so called coaching license from."
He went on to speak about the backlash he has since received from the Ghanaian fans.
"I'm happy I let down the people of Ghana at the world cup. Can you imagine some even called me Boko Haram? Really Boko Haram? It was always my dream to play at the world cup, the door with Germany was closed. Ghana needed me badly, so I availed myself only for the fans to under-appreciate my contributions to the team. For that, I am very happy, some think I let down the country. Mark my words, I will do it again when I am called back into the team."
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT

 
Top